Re: Compiling PgAdmin for Debian

От Raphaël Enrici
Тема Re: Compiling PgAdmin for Debian
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi Raphael,

Hi Joost!

I'm CCing pgadmin-hackers so that others may benefit from what will be
the solution :)

> I have compiled PgAdmin3 1.4.0 Beta3 for my architecture (ADM64).

nice... at least we know that it runs!

> It
> seems to run OK and now I want to make a Debian Package to be able to
> distribute it amongst several other Debian AMD64 machines I manage.

Ok, I can understand that :)

> Running  "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" gave me some warnings and an
> error (and your email;-)):
>
> jkr@Panoramix:~/even/pgadmin3-1.4.0-beta3/pkg$ dpkg-buildpackage
> -rfakeroot
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package is pgadmin3
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1.4.0-0.2.beta1
> dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Raphael Enrici
> <blacknoz@club-internet.fr>
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux does
> not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux does
> not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is amd64
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux does
> not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu,
> falling back to default (native compilation)
> dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux does
> not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.

as far as I remember it has something to do with a non "pure64" install.
What distro are you running exactly? Is it sarge with an amd64 kernel
installed on + x86_64 addons packages? Or is it a real debian-pure64?
I'd bet for the former.
What's your goal exactly? Would you like pgadmin3 to be built 64bits or
just use it on top of sarge debian-amd64?

I have no access anymore to an AMD64 host and can't help much. When I
faced this during last 6 months I was able to solve such warnings but I
can't remember how.
Ok, beginning of an answer can be found here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/02/msg00184.html

>  fakeroot debian/rules clean
> /usr/bin/fakeroot: line 150: debian/rules: Permission denied

chmod 755 debian/rules should solve this. It's a persistent problem I have.
@Dave,Andreas would it be possible to make pkg/debian/rules 755 in svn
please?

> Any ideas how to solve this?

HTH