Re: Configurable Send/Receive Buffer Sizes

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Configurable Send/Receive Buffer Sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

--On 21. April 2011 09:49:54 -0500 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>
wrote:

> Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> wrote:
>
>> An interesting example is the small test program from
>>
>> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2008-10/msg00045.php>
>>
>> which could be make working with the appropiate buffer settings.
>
>> I didn't invest any time on benchmarks, but maybe there's also
>> some value in it performance-wise.
>
> So the primary point is to avoid deadlocks on full network buffers?

Yeah, that was the primary idea...or, well, to workaround them. You could argue
that its still possible to run into those issue, but less likely. With the
proper settings it didn't occur to me again, though.

--
Thanks

    Bernd