Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
 > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/index.html
 > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5920796.html
 >
 > 'Oracle intends to release a free version of its database, a reaction
 > to the growing competitive pressure from low-end open-source
 > databases.'
 >
 > Your thoughts?
Hm..... so now I can choose between a crippled binary-only oracle
version with no support, and
free-as-in-speech-and-beer  postgresql with excellent support on the
mailing list?

I think I'll stay with postgresql ;-)

Just image you are running a production system on oracle 10g express,
and reach
the 4gb limit.... It's already bad enough that some versions of ms
exchange limit your
datafile to 16gb - I don't want my database to do the same..... thanks...

greetings, Florian Pflug

От: David Eduardo Gómez Noguera
Сообщение: Re: querying while copying into a table and optimizations
От: Vlad
Сообщение: Starting PostgreSQL 8.0.4 with more memory [FreeBSD 6.0]