PG_DUMP/RESTORE Would like an explanation of these (non-critical) errors

От James B. Byrne
Тема PG_DUMP/RESTORE Would like an explanation of these (non-critical) errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I move a compressed pg_dump archives across the wire to a remote
host on a regular schedule.  The process completes and the archives
are restored on the remote site and the resulting database performs
as expected.

However, I get this returned to me at the end of each
dump/transfer/restore

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4; 2615 2200 SCHEMA
public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  cannot
drop
schema public because other objects depend on it
HINT:  Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.
    Command was: DROP SCHEMA public;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  schema
"public" already exists
    Command was: CREATE SCHEMA public;
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 2

The pg_dump command is:

pg_dump --create --format=c --user=postgres --verbose hll_redmine |
gzip > /var/data/pas-redmine/db/dump/hll_redmine.pgsql.gz && rsync
-avz --bwlimit=35 --delete-after --exclude="database.yml"
--exclude="*.log" --exclude="*cache" --exclude="*ruby_sess*"
/var/data/pas-redmine inet03.mississauga.harte-lyne.ca:/var/data 1>
/dev/null

The pg_restore command, which generates the error, is:

gunzip < /var/data/pas-redmine/db/dump/hll_redmine.pgsql.gz |
pg_restore --clean --user=postgres --dbname=hll_redmine ; vacuumdb
--user=postgres --full --analyze hll_redmine 1> /dev/null

I speculate that I have set some options on the restore that
conflict with those set on the dump, perhaps --create.  Regrettably,
I lack the expertise to determine if this is the cause or not; and,
as this is a production environment, I lack the ability to play with
them to determine what is incorrect.

If anything is obviously wrong, or even mildly suspicious, I would
appreciate a nudge in the right direction.  This issue at least has
no overlong dates.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3