aix build question re: duplicate symbol warning

От Kevin Murphy
Тема aix build question re: duplicate symbol warning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm trying to build PG 8.1 beta on an AIX server.

The 'make' finishes without errors, but I'm getting lots of duplicate
symbol warnings like the following one.  What am I to make of these?

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-fno-strict-aliasing   -Wl,-bnoentry -Wl,-H512 -Wl,-bM:SRE -o libpq.\
so libpq.a -L../../../src/port    -L../../../src/port -lnsl
-Wl,-bI:../../../src/backend/postgres.imp -Wl,-bE:libpq.exp
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol:
.pqStrerror

ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol:
.pqGetpwuid

I used a vanilla configure except for --without-readline.

Tools that seem to be in use:

AIX 5.1
GNU Make 3.80
gcc 3.2.2
ld - AIX version

This is an 8-CPU machine that recently became disused in our research
department and looks like a nice potential PG host.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy