Re: [GENERAL] invalid byte sequence ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] invalid byte sequence ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> And as a counter-example: pg_dump should absolutly not use the client
> locale, it should always dump as the same encoding as the server...

Sure, but pg_dump should set that explicitly.  I'm prepared to believe
that looking at the locale is sane for all normal clients.

It might be worth providing a way to set the client_encoding through a
PQconnectdb connection-string keyword, just in case the override-via-
PGCLIENTENCODING dodge doesn't suit someone.  The priority order
would presumably be connection string, then PGCLIENTENCODING, then
locale.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] invalid byte sequence ?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] invalid byte sequence ?