Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I don't see any easy way to fix this except by introducing a lot more
>> locking than is there now --- ie, holding the MultiXactGenLock until the
>> new mxact's starting offset has been written to disk.  Any better ideas?
>
> Well, it isn't a very good solution because it requires us to retain the
> MultiXactGenLock past a XLogInsert and some I/O on SLRU pages.
> Previously the lock was mostly only used in short operations and very
> rarely held during I/O.  But I don't see any other solution either.
> Patch attached.

The patch works wonderfully. I'm trying to stress the whole app and with
no errors until now.

> Thanks to Matteo for finding the bug!

Thanks to you all for helping out and fixing it :)

Best regards
--
Matteo Beccati
http://phpadsnew.com

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size