Status question

От Louis Castoria
Тема Status question
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm confused about something and need some help.  I wrote a c routine
that uses libpq.    if  I use an update  sql command  string like
"update largetable set t01='update1', t02='update2' where mainkey='12'"
and the mainkey of 12 does not exist the result code is a 0.   If the
mainkey exists I get a result of 0.  How can I tell if the update was
successful or not.  Here is the code.

void

pgsql_exec_query( int *dbhandle, char *query, int *qryhandle, int
*status ) {
char *r,*n=query;
int nfields, i, j;
PGconn *conn = (PGconn *)*dbhandle;
PGresult *res;
while ( *n != ';' || *(n+1) != ';' )         n++;
*n=0;
res = 0;
res = PQexec(conn, query);
printf("Result = %d ", (int) res);
*status = PQresultStatus(res);
printf("status = %f", (int) status);                                       *qryhandle = (int) res;

}

}

--

           Louis  Castoria  -  ADSI           Software Engineer           1930 First Commercial  Drive
SouthavenMS,  38671           Phone: 662-393-2046           WEB: http://www.e9.com