Re: BUG #17880: Uninitialised value used when analyzing a table with an inheritance tree containing no children

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17880: Uninitialised value used when analyzing a table with an inheritance tree containing no children
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17880: Uninitialised value used when analyzing a table with an inheritance tree containing no children  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> As I can see, this error is explained by the fact that
> acquire_inherited_sample_rows() can exit before setting
>     *totalrows = 0;
>     *totaldeadrows = 0;
> so variables declared in do_analyze_rel() as
>     double        totalrows,
>                 totaldeadrows;
> stay uninitialised and totalrows passed to vac_update_relstats() where it
> triggers the valgrind complaint.

Good catch!

> On a quick glance, the peer functions acquire_sample_rows(),
> postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc(), file_acquire_sample_rows() can't exit
> without setting totalrows/totaldeadrows, so maybe
> acquire_inherited_sample_rows() deserves fixing (or maybe those variables
> can be initialized in do_analyze_rel()).

Yeah, I'd put the blame on acquire_inherited_sample_rows.  Its head
comment says it has the same API as acquire_sample_rows, and that
one's comment says that totalrows/totaldeadrows are always set.
Will fix, thanks.