Re: BUG #1978: connection sinks

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: BUG #1978: connection sinks
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
mouse wrote:

> Bug reference:      1978
> Logged by:          mouse
> Email address:      mousedrx@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> Operating system:   Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-r9
> Details:

Make sure you have logging turned on, connection attempts and statements
and try and connect. See what the logs say. Post details to the
pgsql-general list, this is almost certainly not a bug in PostgreSQL.

> I have: (2) user X which can create databases and (2) database Y created by
> X. Y contains some tables, sequences, etc -- data CAN be accessed via psql.
> Also: have googled a lot for a proper configuration, thus postgresql.conf
> has listen_addresses listening everything ('*') and in pg_hba.conf there is
> an entry for my intranet IP address: 192.168.1.0/24 (for any eventuality).
> Problem: when using Quantum GIS (http://qgis.org) to connect postgis
> database Y, it reports that connection is successful. But, data are not
> loaded!

You fail to mention what happens when you connect from the qgis machine
when you use psql. That's another bit of information to post to
pgsql-general too.

> Guide: Same thing (user X, db Y, same data) are on the online www.xyz.com
> postgres database running) -- in this case I CAN see layers (tables) in the
> qGIS app and load them. Remote configuration is the same adding some
> additinal hosts in pg_hba...
> Question: what could that be?

Something is different between the two machines. Can't say what from the
  information you've given here. Check the logging and come over to
-general and I'm sure someone can get you connected.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd