RSS feeds of CVS revision logs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема RSS feeds of CVS revision logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Some of you may have noted the new project I am playing with the
PostgreSQL Source browser.
It is a Subversion->Trac interface to the PostgreSQL CVS repository. The
entire repository
is represented. It is currently updated daily but I am hoping to get
this down to hourly in
the near future.

The site can be viewed here:

http://www-new.commandprompt.com/projects/public/pgsql

The URL will change in the future, probably to pgcode.org or maybe just
projects.commandprompt.com.

I was speaking with JoshB and he mentioned that one particular facet of
this may be interesting
to you folks, which is the RSS feeds. JoshB was thinking this would be
useful for replacing
pgsql-patches@ for some people as their mailboxes get filled up. You
have the ability using any RSS
reader to subscribe to any portion of the revision log.

For example, for the docs project, they can subscribe to Trunk->docs and
thus only see the revision
logs within their feed for the docs project. At your leisure you may
either choose to see only
a brief synopsis for the complete commit message.

Here is an example of the short feed:

http://www-new.commandprompt.com/projects/public/pgsql/log/trunk?limit=100&mode=stop_on_copy&stop_rev=&format=rss

Here is an example of the long feed:

http://www-new.commandprompt.com/projects/public/pgsql/log/trunk?verbose=on&format=rss&stop_rev=&limit=100&mode=stop_on_copy

Notice the only real difference is the verbose=on

The power of this at least from my perspective, is that I use
Thunderbird as my RSS reader. I can view a current
revision, click forward, and send a question to the list about a
specific change.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.