Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Anand Kumria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a set of perl scripts which invoke each other (via system());
> eventually I found that they were crashing and ultimately causing Perl
> to SIGSEGV.
>
> I am using Debian testing and have recompiled postgres-8.0.3-15 to
> include debugging symbols.  This is a dual-CPU dual-stacked IPv4/IPv6
> host running Linux 2.4.22.
>
>>From what I have been able to determine the problem is in libpq4:
>
> Starting program: /usr/bin/perl ./add_address 265 2001:502:d399:0:0:0:0:44
> [New Thread 16384 (LWP 8523)]
> (no debugging symbols found)
> [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 8523)]

The first thing the developers will ask for is a reproducible test-case.  Could you reduce "add_address" to the
minimum?

The next thing they'll ask is whether you built with
--enable-thread-safety turned on.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/libpq-threading.html

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd