Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a bitmask to represent role attributes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a bitmask to represent role attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It would be great to figure out a way to get feedback like this earlier
> on in the development.  This patch has been floating around for quite a
> while, with intentional breaks for feedback taken prior to incremental
> improvements and documentation additions.  Clearly that gets back to the
> discussion around the commitfest situation.

Yeah.  Again, I apologize for having ignored the role-attributes thread
for a long time ... but it's not a topic I have any great interest in
personally, and frankly the -hackers traffic volume has gotten to the
point where I *can't* follow every thread.  I think most of us are in
that boat actually.  Not sure if there's anything to be done about it.

(It would help some if more people paid attention to not wasting their
readers' time, eg by trimming quotes rather than reposting the entirety
of some thread in order to add a paragraph here and there.  But I fear
email etiquette is getting to be a lost art.)