Re: Recent SIGSEGV failures in buildfarm HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recent SIGSEGV failures in buildfarm HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> fwiw - I can trigger that issue now pretty reliably on a fast Opteron
> box (running Debian Sarge/AMD64) with make regress in a loop - I seem to
> be able to trigger it in about 20-25% of the runs.
> the resulting core however looks totally stack corrupted and not really
> usable :-(

Hmm, probably the stack overrun leaves the call stack too corrupt for
gdb to make sense of.  Try inserting "check_stack_depth();" into one
of the functions that're part of the infinite recursion, and then make
check_stack_depth() do an abort() instead of just elog(ERROR).  That
might give you a core that gdb can work with.

I'm still having absolutely 0 success reproducing it on a dual Xeon
... so it's not just the architecture that's the issue.  Some kind of
timing problem?  That's hard to believe too.