Re: PostgreSQL on Dual Processors, Dual-Core AMD Chips

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Dual Processors, Dual-Core AMD Chips
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Onyx,

 From what i understand Postgresql will scale with more cpus, but not in
the same way as  threaded server would.
I believe that as each process(backend) is created it will get assigned
to a CPU.
 From what I can tell it works in a similar fashion to the Firebird
classic server.

Hopefully a developer will chime in and add/correct me :-)

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com