Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
>>If there smart enough to
>>be buying innobase these days, you can bet that by now they have this stuff
>>all straightened out.
>

> No, that doesn't seem to follow ... if Oracle are spending their
> resources to attack MySQL rather than us, the conclusion would be that
> they are clearly still more informed by "the buzz" than technical merit.

With no disrespect to PostgreSQL, MySQL has 100x our downloads and
installations...

Oracle is simply going after by far the biggest open source database
player...

Chris