Re: ANN: Rekall V2.4.0

От Johan Wehtje
Тема Re: ANN: Rekall V2.4.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your attention to the wording of the Dialog in the
Connections wizard.

As to your questions about the problems that i was having with the
latest version of rekall, I installed and ran it on a Dell Optiplex 150
GX (Pent 3 1GHZ, 512 Ram) running Fedora Core 3. My home network has 3
machines running Postgres - 2 Win XP Pro machines  running 8.03 and 8.1
Beta, and then the Linux machine runs 8.03 built from source. All the
crashes I experienced were related to establishing connections to
Postgres Databases on any of these machines, I would use the wizard and
then enter host and DB info and with out exception the program would
silently exit. It was not always at the same point, and on a couple of
occasions when I restarted the program I found that the Rekall project
File had been created and i could connect with the stored connection info.

I have tried starting Rekall from the command line so as to see what it
leaves when it exits, but it does seem to be a really silent exit. I
have not done any more debugging than that.

As I have said here a couple of times I think that there is a real need
for an Access competitor, which Rekall promises to be - but I think we
already have a number of really excellent GUI DB managers, and to me
Rekall looks more like a Db Manager than Rich Client cum RAD tool for Db
centric applications.

Cheers
Johan Wehtje