Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/15/2005 6:22 AM, Thomas Beutin wrote:

> Maybe they lost the development of the know how for the only transaction
> safe table type of the current mysql releases, but they still "own" the
> former Adabas/MaxDB/SAP-DB code with transaction safe tables. Probably
> they force the "union" of mysql and SAP-DB code base to keep their
> transaction competence, but this are just my €0,02...

First, InnoDB is not the only transaction safe table type in MySQL.
Although a poor stepchild today, there is still BDB.

Second, MySQL AB does not own the MaxDB code. I never fully understood
what that contract was about, maybe someone from MySQL AB can explain
that, but to my knowledge SAP AG did not transfer the copyright.

They could also go back to NuSphere, aka Multera, aka PeerDirect and ask
what happened to the Progress storage engine Rocket.

Jan