Re: Request for a "force interactive mode" flag (-I) for

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Request for a "force interactive mode" flag (-I) for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-04/threads.php
>>
>>It seems pretty simple and non-invasive. I don't recall seeing the
>>reasons against doing it.
>>

>We need a large number of users who need something before we add it.  If
>we didn't we would have a mess of options.

The need seems like the exception rather than the norm. The posts that I
see are people
trying to use Unix tools, in Windows. I am not talking about the use of
psql, rather things
like the use of Cygwin and rxvt. Although it is nice when we can do
that, it should
be consider unsupported.

If you really want the environment, use RDP, VNC, or Citrix and start a
shell as normal.
Alternatively just use PostgreSQL with SSL and then connect from a
remote psql terminal.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

От: "Christopher A. Watford"
Сообщение: Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32