Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp

От Aydın Toprak
Тема Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

My Object is java.util.Date ... first of all;
I make an instance of the Date object

Date date = new Date();

then

I am wirting the set methods of the preparedstatement as

query.setDate(1,date);

however eclipse gives an error message, which is "The method setDate(int, Date) in the type PreparedStatement is not applicable for the arguments (int, Date)"...
<b>(but eclipse say that it can!)</b>

so sorry for stack trace but I cant even compile it yet...

I need time of the day, and the date... timezone and other staff  is not important...

13/10/2005 11:30 .. or something like this is enough for me ...

Kevin Grittner wrote:
Hi,

Is your object a java.util.Date, a java.sql.Date, or a
java.sql.Timestamp?  Do you want the column in the database to
store only a date, or combined date and time?  If you want the
column to store a combined date and time, you should define it
as TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE unless you have some very
unusual need to have a timestamp that represents a different
moment in each time zone.

Some sample code and your exception (with stack trace) would
help, too.

-Kevin

Ayd*n Toprak <aydin.toprak@intengo.com> 10/13/05 1:20 AM >>>
hii,

I am newbie for jdbc-postgres and looking for some help about timestamp
type of posgresql.....

my porgram makes a data object, and then insert this object to the db.
however, I couldnt been able to insert date object directly to the db as
timestamp ...

do I making something wrong ? .. or is there another type to keep full
date of java, in the Postgresql Db.

Thank You.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp
Сообщение: Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp