Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Setting up a fine-grained permission system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all.

Implimenting a custom permission system is fairly easy to do with
triggers, views, and rules.

Here is my suggestion.  Put your data tables in a shadow schema and
don't give users access to them.  Then create views that select the
information from the tables that they have access to.  denied columns
could be filled in with NULLs or **** or something else.  Denied rows
could simply be omitted.  As for updating and inserting, you can do your
own permission schemes here too with triggers checking them and
providing the needed logic.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting