Re: PG 8.1beta3 out soon

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PG 8.1beta3 out soon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>>That would probably work, but it would ONLY deal with the issue for
>>$_TD. In your function $event will still hit this problem.
>>

>Well, fixing $_TD would pretty much fix all the problems I've been having.
>As far as "$event", that is in my control and easily fixed by making it
>"our" as well. Some explicit warnings and best practices in the docs would
>be nice.
>
>Tom, can we possibly get that one-word patch into 8.1? It would go a long
>way towards making plperl more intuitive (and useful), and probably head
>off some future "bug" reports.

"our" only came in with Perl 5.6 ... I don't recall if we have declared
support for earlier versions than that dead yet, although David Fetter
and Joshua Drake have urged us to.

I will add a note somewhere in the docs in the next few days advising
against using named subroutines that refer to lexical variables from the
enclosing scope.

cheers

andrew