Re: Indexen on 8.0.3

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Indexen on 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> han.holl@informationslogik.nl writes:
>> After upgrading to 8.0.3 I see very poor performance on several indexes.
>> Database was recently analyzed. Clearly, something has to be tuned that didn't
>> need tuning on 7.4.3 ? (Main table has about 1.7 million records).
>
> No, there's no reason for 8.0 to be slower at this than 7.4, if all else
> is equal.  I'm betting that all else is not equal.  Maybe you are using
> a different encoding or locale in the new installation than the old?

Mmm, sure 8.0 is not slower than 7.4 in certain scenarios?

Consider:

select f1(id), f2(id), ..., fn(id) from my_view;

where fi is eligible for be marked as "STABLE" but is not.

In 8.0 in that select are involved n+1 snapshots instead of one as it
in 7.4. Could this be a performance issue ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola