Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Dan Armbrust
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Re: Oracle buys Innobase  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> The other answer may be the license: plugging PG into the MySQL system
> (which is about as technically feasible trying to breed a porpoise
> and an elephant) keeps MySQL GPL, which is another reason many people
> like it.

The fact that PostgreSQL is NOT released under GPL is the reason that
people like me are here - MySQL's license drove us away from them.
Their change of the driver licensing prevents us from shipping new
drivers with our applications.

GPL is a poison pill when it comes to groups like us that are trying to
develop standards (and shared code bases) that can be used by both
opensource and corporate types alike.

So keep up the good work!

Dan

--