Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2015-06-18 15:30:46 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yeah, if we do anything other than adding new mappings, I suspect that
>> part could not be back-patched.  Maybe adding new mappings shouldn't
>> be back-patched either, though it seems relatively safe to me.

> Hm. Why is it safe to add new mappings? If previously something has been
> indexed with accents because unaccent didn't remove them and you're now
> adding a new mapping to unaccent, the tsearch query will lookup the
> wrong key (with accents removed)?

This is the same situation as any change whatsoever to tsearch
dictionaries.  The party line on that is that it usually doesn't
matter much, and if it does you can rebuild your indexes.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics