Re: Order by and index

От Jonathan Tse
Тема Re: Order by and index
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Tom,

    Thanks for your reply, making us aware of the way that postgresql's
query plan.

    One more question, I got an index on ownerid , but postgresql 8.03
still cannot use index to execute the following sql:

    select ownerid,count(ownerid) from t_post group by ownerid order by
ownerid limit 100

    Why is that? Is 8.1 more capable to use the index? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Jonathan Tse