Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas

От Jeffrey Melloy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Neil Conway wrote:

>"COUNT(*) very slow": this is a known issue -- see the -hackers archives
>for many prior discussions. MVCC makes this hard to solve effectively
>(whether applications should actually be using COUNT(*) on large tables
>with no WHERE clause is another matter...)
>
>-Neil

And it's not like a count(*) on an Oracle database of any decently-sized
dataset is blazing fast, or even in blazing's ballpark.

The only thing I could see actually being an issue is the random() one
and add missing from.  The rest are trivial.  The random() thing is
interesting, esoteric, and probably has never been a problem in a real
situation.  (Or has exactly once, when he wrote that gotcha)

Jeff

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Gotchas
От: "Mark Cave-Ayland"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?