Re: text file import

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: text file import
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to transfer the following from MySQL to PostgreSQL:
>
> load data local
> infile 'D:/tmp/InterAcces- MySQL/03102005/bedrijven.txt'
> into table bedrijven
> fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '^'
> lines terminated by ';\r\n';
>
> Is there a way to do this without changing the file (this file is delivered by a 3rd party)? Btw, I am on the win32
platform.

Normally, I'd pipe it through a Perl filter into a COPY FROM STDIN
command. Not sure what you'll have installed on Windows.

Oh - and you might need to correct some of the data if MySQL isn't being
strict enough.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?