Re: BUG #5946: Long exclusive lock taken by vacuum (not full)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5946: Long exclusive lock taken by vacuum (not full)
Дата
Re: BUG #5946: Long exclusive lock taken by vacuum (not full)  (Maxim Boguk <maxim.boguk@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Maxim Boguk" <Maxim.Boguk@gmail.com> writes:
> In my case vacuum tried to truncate last 10-15GB from 100Gb relation, and
> each time (3) it was cost 10+ minutes of service downtime (because that
> table was completely locked).

> Is  that correct behaviour? Are here any way to speedup that process or at
> least allow read-only queries during that time?

Use autovacuum --- if there's something that wants to access the table,
autovac will get kicked off the lock.  (Of course, the table may never
get truncated then, but maybe you don't care.)