Re: BUG #16678: The ecpg connect/test5 test sometimes fails on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16678: The ecpg connect/test5 test sometimes fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> It seems that on Windows the postmaster process can close a connection
> before slow client receives a FATAL message.

Yeah, we've come to that conclusion before, see for instance

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/E1iaD8h-0004us-K9%40gemulon.postgresql.org

I haven't heard any non-unpleasant ideas for working around it.

One thought that might or might not improve matters is for
the backend to explicitly close() the socket before exiting.
We intentionally don't do that (cf 268313a95), but maybe
doing it on Windows would be better than the existing issue
--- assuming it fixes the issue, that is.