Re: pg_listener records

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_listener records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"David Parker" <dparker@tazznetworks.com> writes:
> But I'm wondering - shouldn't that be part of normal server startup,
> cleaning out the pg_listener table?

Perhaps, but the code is written such that it's unlikely to be a major
problem --- notifying processes automatically clean out entries that
don't correspond to active backend PIDs.

The long-term solution to LISTEN/NOTIFY performance issues is to get rid
of the table altogether, so I don't see a lot of point in putting effort
into band-aids like cleaning out the table during restart.