Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc

От Bret Stern
Тема Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yep,

I provide the UI for the user to select the vendor supplied unit value
from the list.

I don't want anyone entering (manually) any value, they must select from
my list (fed from a PG table).

(and since some units don't translate exactly, they pick the one that is
closest).

It's Tile (floor, shower etc), not the tightest tolerance of dimensions,
so it's not catastrophic if it's off

a 32nd or so.

cheers

On 8/14/2021 1:43 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 8/14/21 1:24 PM, Bret Stern wrote:
>> Here's the clip of the UI. The user selects whatever value the vendor
>> provides for unit thickness. The data entry
>
> So the vendors supply the measurements in all the various units for a
> given item?
>

>> people aren't comfortable converting.
>>
>> At this point the sort_order column managed to do the trick....but
>> going forward on my next
>>
>> application, I can see a different approach.
>>
>> Are you suggesting a function like this shellsort used with an array.

Сообщение: Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc
Сообщение: Re: Sort question - Fractions, Metric etc