Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018/06/07 14:17, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>> that is, users can find out about that feature by themselves by
>> trying it out?
>
> I didn't understand that part.
>
> Probably we just say that BEFORE ROW triggers are not supported on a
> partitioned table. It's good enough not to suggest it ourselves. If
> users find out that they can create triggers on partitions and use it
> that way, they may or may not have to change their implementation
> later when we start supporting those. But then we didn't suggest that
> they do it that way.

I don't understand why you think it's too troublesome to let the users
know that there is some way to use BR triggers with partitioning.  We
didn't do that for indexes, for example, before PG 11 introduced the
ability to create them on partitioned tables.

Thanks,
Amit