8.1beta2 pg_dumpall inconsistencies

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема 8.1beta2 pg_dumpall inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
After initializing a cluster with initdb -D data --no-locale as the user jd.
I created a table named foo in the template1 database.

create table foo(bar text, baz bigserial);

When executing pg_dumpall:

bin/pg_dumpall -U jd -p5500

Looks as it should. However:

[jd@jd pgsqldev]$ bin/pg_dumpall -U jd -D -o -p 5500

--
-- PostgreSQL database cluster dump
--

\connect postgres

--
-- Roles

-- Database creation
--

REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE template1 FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE template1 FROM jd;

--
-- Roles
--

ALTER ROLE jd WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEROLE CREATEDB LOGIN;

\connect postgres

pg_dump: INSERT (-d, -D) and OID (-o) options cannot be used together
pg_dump: (The INSERT command cannot set OIDs.)
pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "postgres", exiting

Why am I getting a partial dump when the options are not compatible?

Further: bin/pg_dumpall -U jd -D -o -g -p 5500
--
-- PostgreSQL database cluster dump
--

\connect postgres

--
-- Roles

-- Roles
--

ALTER ROLE jd WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEROLE CREATEDB LOGIN;

--
-- PostgreSQL database cluster dump complete
--

Notice that I passed the -g (globals) flag but no globals have been
dumped and I don't get the error about -o and -D being used together.

Also: bin/pg_dumpall -U jd -g -p 5500
--
-- PostgreSQL database cluster dump
--

\connect postgres

--
-- Roles

-- Roles
--

ALTER ROLE jd WITH SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEROLE CREATEDB LOGIN;

--
-- PostgreSQL database cluster dump complete
--

I have specified globals but I am not getting any:

template1=# select * from pg_roles;rolname | rolsuper | rolinherit | rolcreaterole | rolcreatedb |
rolcatupdate | rolcanlogin | rolconnlimit | rolpassword | rolvaliduntil
| rolconfig | oid

    | t        | t          | t             | t           |

|           |  10
(1 row)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake