Re: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:08:11AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>

>>Looks like there more unprotable code in the recent changes to pgbench
>>:-(
>>

>Here, the culprits are tfind() and tsearch().  These apparently aren't
>"portable enough", but they seem to exist on all other platforms.  Maybe
>we could come up with a replacement on Windows?  Are there simple
>btree/hash table functions on Windows, with a similar API?

Not that I can see, looking here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/vcrefRunTimeLibraryReference.asp

The library found at
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=209006 seems to
have what is needed, but I really don't think we can impose that extra
requirement at this stage of the release cycle, do you? ISTM either we
need to revert this or change it to use an API that is already known to
be supported.

cheers

andrew