queries against CIDR fail against 8.0.3?

От Russell Francis
Тема queries against CIDR fail against 8.0.3?
Дата
Re: queries against CIDR fail against 8.0.3?
Список pgsql-jdbc
Greetings,

I have a web application which is running against PG 7.3.9 and seems to
work without a problem.  Recently, I have been trying to run it against
8.0.3.  In both cases, I am using the jdbc3-8.0-312 driver.

The application fails when running against 8.0.3 at this query.

PreparedStatement s = dbConn.prepareStatement(
"SELECT * FROM institution WHERE ( institution.network >>=  ? ) LIMIT 1" );
s.setObject( 1, (String)request.getRemoteAddr() );
if( s.execute() )
{
}

DEBUG http-8180-Processor25 net.fitne.vlrc.actions.IndexAction - ERROR:
operator does not exist: cidr >>= character varying
net.ev.dao.DAOException: ERROR: operator does not exist: cidr >>=
character varying
         at net.ev.dao.DatabaseDAO.executeStatement(DatabaseDAO.java:656)
         at net.ev.dao.DatabaseDAO.find(DatabaseDAO.java:1199)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this issue?  Or at least an
explanation as to why it works in 7.3.9 but not 8.0.3?

Thanks in advance,
Russ

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: How to retieve binary data (bytea) without problem ?
Сообщение: Re: How to retieve binary data (bytea) without problem ?