Re: On Logging

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: On Logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> ...log file formats in 8.0....
>
> * CSV
> * YAML
> * XML
> * Piped logs, as Apache can do
> * DB handle.  I know this one will be controversial.
> [...]
> 1.  Am I the only one who would wants an option for machine-readable logs?

I'd very much like a format that can be easily loaded into
a database (not necessarily the same one producing the logs :-) )
in real time and/or be visible as a table through something
like dbi-link.

I suppose any of the first three formats you suggest could work
with dbi-link; or another alternate format  * sql insert statements
would work if piped logs were supported by sending it to psql.