Re: VACUUM FULL vs dump & restore

От Aldor
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL vs dump & restore
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Another way how to do it with having access to the data in the same timeis to create a new table, named a little bit
differentlyand do an:

insert     into [table]2
select     *
from       [table];

Then switch to the second table.

Then you have to do on the first table the TRUNCATE and DROP.

For getting out which table is the actual one you can create a table
which holds the originate table name and the actual table name. When
using plpgsql you can check the table name before building the queries
and then build them with EXECUTE.

Be aware that you cannot do:

SELECT    col1, col2
FROM    gettablename('[table]');

Also be aware to switch back when you do the process again, so you dump
the data from the [table]2 to [table].

For my experience this way was faster then dump-truncate-restore on the
table.

Regards,

Aldor

Ilya A. Kovalenko wrote:
>      Greetings,
>
>   What advantages I lose, when using dump-truncate-restore (table
> or whole DB) instead of performing VACUUM FULL ?
>   In both cases I have no access to data, but first is much faster
> (by subjective estimate).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ilya A. Kovalenko       (mailto:shadow@oganer.net)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: