database update question

От Art Fore
Тема database update question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a psql database (8.01) running on a Suse 9.3 linux server, and I
have the same database (8.03) running on winxp laptop. I do updates,
that is, add parts to a table on the linux server quite frequently using
MS Access, all well and good. I also have pgadmin 3 on my machine for
editing the database sometimes, but I find access much easier to add new
parts to a new parts table in Access and then update the linux database.
I could also add these parts to the local machine the same way, but, I
have a work colleague that needs the same database. (Database is used by
another program as a parts entry database for a schematic capture
program and works very well via ODBC) Other userss have desktops so they
access the database on the linux server. The laptops though are taken
home for work and need the database to be mobile, that is why I set it
up that way. I was trying to figure out an easier way for my colleage to
update his database on his machine from the linux machine database.
Could do it with MSAccess I guess, but would like to find out if there
is another way to do this without MSAccess.

Any suggestions on what would be an easy way to update the database on
the laptop with the main database on the linux server? There is only one
table that needs to be updated.

TIA

Art