Using descriptor areas to insert

От andy rost
Тема Using descriptor areas to insert
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I'm in the final stages of porting a large body of ESQL software from
Informix to PostgreSQL (V8). The last few Informix-based functions
involve Informix descriptor areas to insert rows into a table. I've
sorted out the logic for using PostgreSQL descriptor areas for select
statements. How do you go about using the PostgreSQL descriptor areas
for insert statements? Is there another way to approach the problem of
insert records into an arbitrary table using dynamic SQL?

Thanks ...
Andrew Rost
National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC)
National Weather Service, NOAA
1735 Lake Dr. West, Chanhassen, MN 55317-8582
Voice: (952)361-6610 x 234
Fax: (952)361-6634
arost@nohrsc.nws.gov
http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov