Re: Win32 Backup and Restore of large databases.

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Win32 Backup and Restore of large databases.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howard Cole wrote:

> On a Win32 machine, can I backup a database if the backup file exceeds
> 2GB? In linux, I can split the backup file into multiple files. Can
> this be done on Win32?
>
> Regards
>
> Howard Cole
> www.selestial.com

I am not sure, but I thought the max file size on NT and up systems was
4gb, not 2gb.  Also newer versions of Linux should not have the 2gb
limitation.(that was a limit imposed on the 2.x kernel)
This of course does not mean that the Postgresql code was ever updated
to allow larger files.
--

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com