Re: Unixtime (epoch) into timestamp?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unixtime (epoch) into timestamp?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com> writes:
> We mostly use unix times in our system because of the kind of
> applications that we have. Now we need to convert that into a timestamp.

The officially supported conversion methods are like this:

test72=# select extract(epoch from now());
    date_part
------------------
 1033052570.73262
(1 row)

test72=# select 'epoch'::timestamptz + interval '1033052570.73262 seconds';
           ?column?
------------------------------
 2002-09-26 11:02:50.73262-04
(1 row)

But I tend to cheat on the latter.  You can cast from int4 to abstime,
and the latter is really a time_t, so:

test72=# select 1033052570::int4::abstime;
        abstime
 2002-09-26 11:02:50-04
(1 row)

And of course you can cast from abstime to timestamp.  This will
probably break in 2038 ...