Re: MS SQL - PostgreSQL

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: MS SQL - PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:16:25 +0200, Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2005, 07:43 +0700 schrieb Irfan Syukur:
> > Dear Tino,
> >
> > In MS SQL, I can execute store procedure that I do not know it's name yet.
> >
> > A Simplicity example :
> >    CREATE   procedure  dbo.sp_run_batch (@as_spname varchar(20)) with recompile as
> >
> >    declare @li_retstat  smallint,
> >         @li_status   numeric(1,0), @ls_mesg   varchar(60)
> >
> >    exec @li_retstat = @as_spname @as_mesg = @ls_mesg output --(@as_spname = the name of stored procedure)
> >    select @li_retstat, @ls_mesg
> >    return
> >    GO
> >
> > Can Postgres do that, how ?
>
> Well, not that I know of. But in your example your function has a name.

Essentially, it's a generic execute procedure.  Pass it a procedure name
and it runs it.  It's just "execute" from plpgsql.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plpgsql-statements.html

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :