Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2012-12-05 19:06:55 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> So what status are we on? Are we going to release 9.2.2 as it is?
>> Or withdraw current 9.2.2?

> Releasing as-is sounds good. As Tom wrote upthread:

> On 2012-12-04 21:27:34 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is not a regression because the pause logic is broken this same
>> way since 9.1.  So I no longer think that we need a rewrap.

> Imo the bug isn't all that critical, it cause confusion but no data corruption
> or such.

The real reason it's not critical is that this is a "don't do that" case
anyway.  Unpatched, the system hangs up, but if it were patched you'd
just get a failure complaining "requested stop before consistent state
reached" or whatever the wording is.  Since we've seen only one report
about that since 9.1 came out, the error isn't being made often enough
to justify a panic re-release.  We'll just fix it and move on.

Сообщение: Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Сообщение: Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2