Re: Postgresql Hosting

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Postgresql Hosting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
brew@theMode.com wrote:
>>I'm sharing with 5 other small businesses a dedicated server with 60GB
>>hard drive, 700GB monthly bandwidth on a 10Mbps link for $49/month.
>
> Where is this available?

server4you.net offers such a system today (they claim to be the largest
dedicated server host with 6500 dedicated servers and hundreds of
thousands of shared servers); and I've seen ev1.net offer similar
packages for the same price before.

> The web host that I do programming for pays around $120 a month for a
> Debian machine with an AMD Athlon 2200 Processor, 1GB Memory, an 80 GB
> Hard Drive, 2000 GB Bandwidth at serverbeach.com. But it's not backedup,
> etc.  If the machine fails, they'll reload the operating system and turn
> it back over to us to get going again.  I keep it backed up with rsync to
> other machines - which means if it does fail I'm in for an unscheduled few
> days of restoration.

We've got pretty much the same backup strategy.  Our hosting place does
offer backup services too for an additional fee; but we feel better having
the backup in our own facilities.    Though now we're drifting pretty far
off topic so I'd happily continue discussing via email.