Re: FAQ/HTML standard?

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: FAQ/HTML standard?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> Here is the article:
> http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

XHTML 1.0 pages has no problems with displaying when sent as text/html
and they are better served as text/html because stupid IE won't show it
right when you set mime type to application/xhtml+xml. So if you
consider this as problem then you have valid reason to not use XHTML
otherwise there are no reasons to use HTML 4.01 instead XHTML.

And that article basically says it's bad to use XHTML because when you
write non valid XHTML it does not show right - it's like when you write
bad C code and it does not compile and you blame C for it.
Author is wrong in some of its claims but this ML is not about web
standards so I won't elaborate it here.

Note:
I might sound bit harsh but thats just because web pages is what I am
doing and that article is plain nonsense.

Oh and btw postgresql.org uses XHTML 1.0 ...

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)