Re: pgAdmin3 1.12.2 won't start on WinXP

От Bexley Hall
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 1.12.2 won't start on WinXP
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Dave,

--- On Mon, 1/31/11, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> >> It sounds like you don't have the correct version of the MSVC++
> >> runtimes installed - which is odd, as they're included in the pgAdmin
> >> installer. Try reinstalling them:
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf
> >
> > I searched the "post pgAdmin3" machine image for "mfc90.dll"
> > and didn't find it anywhere.  Presumably, 1.10.5 did *not*
> > require this runtime?
>
> No. It used the VC++ 2005 runtime.

OK.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin3.git;a=blob;f=pkg/win32/src/pgadmin3.wxs;h=d836c41f8a9f2cd4c8233347250b1dd6fd60574d;hb=6861d498b619b39d0a083da115b8beaf1b771b89,
> specifically the lines:
>
> <Merge Id="CRT" Language="0"
> SourceFile="$(env.ProgramFiles)\Common
> Files\Merge Modules\Microsoft_vc90_crt_x86.msm" DiskId="1"
> />
>
> and
>
> <MergeRef Id="CRT" />

<shrug>  Dunno.  "I don't do windows"  :>

I re-ran the experiment (pgadmin3 onto "virgin, up-to-date XP
install") and still don't see any signs of this package being
drawn in.  Would you like me to forward the installer's
log file to you directly?  (too big to post, here -- ~750KB)

I'll take a quick glance through it to see if anything obvious
turns up but otherwise I'm not qualified to understand what
it is (or, in this case, is NOT) doing to comment intelligently.

I can likewise forward a (manually authored) log of the steps
by which I created the "virgin, up-to-date XP install" so you
can see the "updates", etc. that were drawn into it...

Thx,
--don

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin3 1.12.2 won't start on WinXP
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin3 1.12.2 won't start on WinXP