Re: PostgreSQL and XML support

От pobox@verysmall.org
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and XML support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> In general, I have the following questions to PostgreSQL users. - Are
> there any of you who need to store and query XML data? - Do you already
> use PostgreSQL to store XML data or you are
>   just thinking about it?
> - If you store XML data in PostgreSQL, how do you do it? What tool
>   do you use?
> - Do you need some advanced query capabilities? Like XQuery, XPath 2.0 -
> Do you need some advanced update capabilities? Like node-level updates

We have a software core that is used across 50+ web sites. Each web site
can define their own object. Each object has an XML definition, which
allows for flexibility without need to change the database. Currently we
break the objects into elements and pour them into a table called
elements. There is a driver that breaks and recreates the objects. The
application is written in php and the elements table has between 3 and 4
million records (the whole database incl. indexes is about 2 GB) at the
moment and the performance is just fine.

I do not know if this is close to what you are asking, just thought it
might be useful.