Problem creating a database in a script; '"template1" is being accessed'

От Madison Kelly
Тема Problem creating a database in a script; '"template1" is being accessed'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

   I've got a script that creates a database for my program in it's
installer script. The problem I am having is that when the installer calls:

/usr/bin/createdb tle-bu -U tle-bu

   I often get the error:

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  source database "template1"
is being accessed by other users

   Which is not the case. If I issue the same command from the command
line it works fine. I thought it might be a race condition (because the
step before that is to add the DB user) so I added a 1 second sleep but
it didn't help.

   Is there anything you guys might suggest?

Thanks!

Madison

PS - Here is the Perl code snippet for reference:

my $cd = new FileHandle;
-U $db_user 2>&1 |]\n"; }
if ( $cd->open("$createdb_path $db_name -U $db_user 2>&1 |") )
{
    while (<$cd>)
    {
        chomp;
        print " |- DEBUG: Create Database: [$_]\n";
    }
}
$cd->close;