Formatting TimeStamp

От Alex
Тема Formatting TimeStamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua,
I know that i can format it explicitly, but instead of using a SELECT *
FROM ..  I have to name the columns which is not very convenient. Right
now I have created views for each table just to re-format the output of
the one timestamp field.

Mysql for example has a in addition to the TIMESTAMP also a DATETIME
type that returns |'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'. So, I was wondering if there
is anything similar in postgres or can i set the precision or format of
the timestamp in the postgres.conf or can I define a new type.

Alex